Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flower Arranging Tips

One of the things I love about summer is all of the beautiful colors that pop up after a dull grey winter. I love having flowers in my landscaping and love to plant them in pots. However, by the time the end of July rolls around I tend to slack off when it comes to watering them. I have a few friends who treat themselves to fresh flowers year round in their homes. I'm not very good at floral arranging so it is something I tend to shy away from. A past Oprah show featured, Jeff Leatham, Artistic Director of the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris. I've been to the Four Seasons in Chicago and they have some of the most beautiful and unique flower arrangements yet they are very simple. Jeff shared the following floral tips:

  • When sending someone flowers, send a bouquet of one flower instead of an arrangement and   without the vase. Jeff says, "You can send more flowers if you just send them wrapped in paper."
  • Keep It Simple- You are better off with one single bloom and use monochromatic flowers
  • To create bubbles on the stems of your flowers use sparkling water or sprite.

No comments:

Post a Comment