Monday, February 7, 2011

Hammer Time

MC Hammer is doing more than sporting parachute pants and bustin' a move these days.  He's a part of the social media craze and helps develop applications for the IPAD.  He's also a part time preacher, owns several record labels and lectures about new media at colleges and universities.  There are also a few more things I didn't name.   He talked with Oprah about having millions of dollars and then losing it all.  When Oprah asked if he would change anything from his past his answer was no.  He gave a lot of his money away to help others and would never ask for it back.  He felt like if he hadn't made certain mistakes in the past he would have never gotten to where he is now.   He referred to it as the butterfly effect.  If you change one thing it affects the outcome of everything else.  He has been married for twenty-five years and feels very blessed.  To be married for that long in Hollywood is a huge accomplishment in itself.

I've watched numerous Oprah interviews where people have made pretty big mistakes in their life.  For the most part they don't regret them.  I'm always amazed by this because I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  I hate making mistakes and when I do I have a hard time not beating myself up about it.  There are a lot of people who continually make bad choices.  I think the key is learning the lesson the mistake is there to teach you.  A life without mistakes is a life unlived.   "There's no such thing as failure.  Mistakes happen in your life to bring into focus more clearly who you really are." - Oprah

No comments:

Post a Comment