Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oprah's Last Hook Up's Show

Oprah's show has made dreams come true for countless people in this world.  There are many things we can do to help others in need. However, I'm always in awe of the magnitude of her capabilities and how the acts of kindness she has performed encourage others to pay it forward. She made the comment that while she would love to help everyone, that it's just not possible.  If there was a way I'm sure she would have figured it out.  Sometimes I think she has more power than the President.

The main message she wanted people to take away from the show is that good things can happen to you at any moment.  There are moments in life when it seems one bad thing happens after another.  I don't know who started the saying, things happen in 3's, but I've found it to be true at times.  First your garage door opener breaks, then the dishwasher a week later and then your just waiting for one more thing.  I try not to get stuck in that thought pattern anymore for fear of a self fulfilling prophecy.  It's easy to get stuck in a feeling of woe is me, but there is always the promise of a new day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment