Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Avatar

I am among the millions of people who have seen Avatar this year. Oprah and several of my friends recommended seeing it. Oprah made the comment she hadn't been out to a movie theater since Dances With Wolves. I find that funny because a friend heard someone describe Avatar as a combination of Dances With Wolves meets Fern Gully. The animation and all of the vibrant colors were amazing, but my husband and I were expecting there to be more 3D special effects. I have a feeling it will win best picture at the Oscar awards.

Oprah interviewed director, James Cameron, about the making of the movie. The two main characters in the movie who are love interests often say the phrase "I see you". Cameron wanted to emphasize the importance of our connections with each other as well as with the environment. The fact that people just want to be seen is something I've heard Oprah talk about on her show many times. We all just want to be acknowledged. I often catch myself not fully paying attention to my family when they're talking to me, and I'm reminded of the importance of the simple phrase "I see you".

No comments:

Post a Comment