Sunday, March 7, 2010

Roger Ebert

Oprah's interview with Roger Ebert was very touching.  My first inclination was to feel sorry for him.  Cancer took away his ability to do two things that he was very passionate about, speaking and eating. However, he still communicates through his writing and a computer generated voice which speaks for him. They are even working on making that voice sound like his own original voice.  It never ceases to amaze me what people can create to help others.  He continues to go to the movies and screens them everyday.   Although he's had the use of his mouth taken from him; it was apparent to me that he is just grateful to be alive.  He doesn't wallow in self pity, but still enjoys doing the things he can like reviewing movies.  Roger's physical appearance may look frail, but you can tell that on the inside he is stronger than ever.  I tend to fall into the glass half empty category and stories like Rogers help put things into perspective.  It's a reminder to be grateful for what I have today.  I may not always agree with Roger's movie reviews, but as a person he gets a big thumbs up in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment