Sunday, May 16, 2010

Twilight Cast

I knew Twilight was a phenomenon when my 70 year old mother read the book in just a few short days and then went on to finish the series of books before me. My mother read more that year due to the Twilight series than she has in probably the last 10 years. A good friend of mine told me about the book years ago. The summer of 2008 I finally decided to take Twilight with me on vacation and was hooked. Oprah interviewed Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning about the release of their new movie Eclipse which opens June 30 and is the third book in the series. Ali Wentworth interviewed some Twilight obsessed mom's about what their attraction is to the story. I think most older women, myself included, would say the story conjures up the passion of first love and when you first began dating your husband. The fact that vampires are involved also throws in the temptation of mystery and forbidden love. Ali brought up the fact that it's a safe way for those of us who are married to escape. In my opinion, that is what books and movies allow us to do. It also helps that the actors are attractive. It is amazing to me how the Twilight series has brought people together to celebrate and talk about a common interest. I have a friend who throws a party before every movie premier. Other than the Harry Potter series, I can't think of another book series which has created such an impact. Kudos to Stephenie Meyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment