Thursday, April 28, 2011

Go With The Flow

Sometimes I'll look at the description of what Oprah's show is going to be about and think to myself, I don't know how that's going to inspire me?  That was the case with this show about a 61 year old woman who gave birth to her grandchild through IVF (in vitro ferilization).  Her daughter Sara was having difficulty getting pregnant so she went through IVF.  Sara got pregnant with twin boys and wound up losing them after going into premature labor.  She went through the procedure again and miscarried a second time.  The experience caused Sara to have post traumatic stress disorder.  Her mother Kris was newly retired and doing some soul searching.  Kris and her friend were walking one day when her friend told her about a post menopausal woman who had a baby.  They joked about it at first and then she decided to go home and do some research on the subject.  Kris's daughter is a life coach and Kris had put together a vision board. She got the inspiration while studying her board one day.  She felt intuitively led to offer to carry her daughters baby even though she was already 10 years into menopause.  I wrote about vision boards in my April 1, 2010 post.  It is amazing what ideas and realities can transpire from putting one together.  It is as simple as cutting and pasting pictures and words (two things that I love to do) that you're drawn toward. 

Kris talked about how a random conversation ultimately led her to the idea of helping her daughter.  Oprah made the comment that "the voice of God comes in many forms."  Kris had been riding her bike and getting in shape before the idea came to her to carry her daughter's child.  She later realized God was preparing her.  Kris gave birth to her healthy grandson on February 9, 2011.  I used to think everything was a coincidence, but now I tend to see things in my life as a sign and recognize the synchronicity of them.  Oprah asked Kris if she would go through the experience again.  She said she has no intention of doing it again, but two years ago she also had no intention of going through childbirth again.  Kris said she is open and no doors are closed.  I thought to myself what a great way to live.  I can go through life resisting and giving excuses as to why I can't do something or I can be open to the flow of life and be inspired.

1 comment:

  1. It's that whole, "never say never" attitude that will get you every time! You never know what challenge you, or someone you love, might be faced with, and what you would be willing to do to overcome it. The hardest part of being human sometimes is the natural inclination to judge others. Good for this mom! I'm sure her act of kindness caused her a lot of joy, but a lot of condemnation as well. She is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete