Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shirely MacLaine

Where do you begin when Oprah's guest is Hollywood Legend, Shirley MacLaine?  Shirley touched on so many topics:  2012, her new book "I'm Over All That", UFO's, energy, meditation, reincarnation, her open marriage and famous costars and several other beliefs.  She has lived a very full life and has been criticized for her beliefs and outspoken nature.  I've always thought she was a little out there, but she is someone who is very intuitive.  Shirley said she has always felt very comfortable being alone and with herself.  She spends a lot of time meditating and getting in touch with the divine power within her.  Over the last two years I have learned how important it is to really take time to be still.  My favorite time of day is in the morning after everyone has left the house and before my day has started.  I write in my journal, and I try to listen to what my heart is telling me.  It sounds simple, but it can be a very hard thing to do when you have an active imagination and your mind is full of non-stop chatter. 

Shirley said her biggest life lesson has been to surrender to the very sophisticated Divinity.  I understand that to mean God.  Oprah mentioned that it has also been one of her greatest lessons in life.  "When you have done all that you can do surrender to God and let it become part of the flow.  Let it go." This reminds me of the phrase if it is meant to be it will happen.  Oprah asked if she ever felt hurt by the jokes about her and I was surprised at her response.  She said she never felt particularly criticized and the jokes never bothered her.  As a matter of fact, she even helped Jay Leno write some of the jokes about her.  I'm not quite sure what to think of Shirley.  One thing I do know is she's a very spiritual person and stands firmly for what she believes in and I admire her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment