Sunday, November 21, 2010

Books Favorite Thing #5

One thing Oprah and I have in common is that books are one of my very favorite things.  My husband bought me a kindle which is nice in certain situations, but I just love the feel and smell of a new book.  I'm known to collect more books than I've actually read.  My collection habit started with the Nancy Drew series when I was around 9 years old.  As I've gotten older I've noticed I really enjoy memoirs.  Some of my favorite memoirs are The Glass Castle, The Invisible Wall, and Same Kind of Different as Me.  Other favorite books are:  To Kill A Mockingbird, Pillars of the Earth, Water for Elephants, The Help,  Snowflower and the Secret Fan, The Red Tent, Beach Music, Auntie Mame and The Kite Runner.   I have a bookshelf filled with books which are waiting to be read that friends have recommended.  The following are some of the titles:  The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Saving Max, Brooklyn, The Moonflower Vine, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and The Rembrandt Affair.  Happy reading this winter.  Please comment on your favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment