Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Final Favorite Thing

Oprah ended her last my favorite things show by saying it's not about things, it's about giving and hope.  The hope of having joyful and magical things happen when you least expect it.  I've been sulking the last two days because I wasn't chosen as an ultimate viewer.   I'm definitely not the ultimate giver, but I would say I rank pretty high when it comes to being an ultimate Oprah show viewer.  I may not have won the trip to Australia,  VW Beetle, diamond earrings, Nikon camera and countless other extravagant gifts, but I have had lots of joyful and magical things happen in my life.  I also have hope that I will continue to experience them when I least expect it and that I will pay it forward.  

I was happy for Oprah's audience, but was disappointed that she didn't have more affordable gift ideas for the rest of us.  My last favorite thing is actually a place, Amaze Boutique & Studio at 135th & Quivira. which carries very affordable items.  Co-owners, Jane Hosey Stern and Amy Hopper, carry a lot of their own handmade jewelry and artwork.  They have a little bit of everything: candles, home decor, clothing, handbags and just plain quirky items.  I love a line of cards they carry made by Curly Girl Designs.  They also offer evening classes such as soul collage and jewelry making. This truly is a magical place for me because I am inspired by Jane and Amy's creativity every time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment