Monday, January 24, 2011

Australia

Oprah aired her visit Down Under last week.  I watched with mixed feelings of remorse for not being picked as an ultimate viewer and awe.  I have always wanted to visit Australia, but after watching her show it has become a higher priority on my bucket list.  Her shows gave me a greater appreciation for Australia and its people.  I too want to fly over the heart of the Great Barrier Reef and have a Barbie on the pristine sands of Whitehaven Beach.  I wouldn't mind if Chef Curtis Stone decided to cater it with his muscular bare chested crew as well.  I'd also like to visit the sacred site Uluru and go to the Sydney Opera House.

I witnessed an impatient Oprah get stuck on the Sydney Harbor Bridge with her ultimate viewers. They were waiting for an airplane to refuel so they could take a picture.  It is in those moments that you see  she is human like everyone else.  I have followed Oprah's recommendations for adventures in the past.  Years ago I went to Miraval Spa in Arizona and participated in the equestrian experience after seeing it on her show.  It was enlightening, but not an easy thing to do when you're afraid of horses.  That is one of the things I love about Oprah though, somehow she gets people to conquer their fears.  There were several viewers who were afraid of heights that climbed the bridge.

When asked what the biggest difference is between Australians and Americans, several people said Australians feel Americans live to work and they work to live.  I think I could get used to Australia plus,  I've always been a sucker for an accent.  If you want to learn more about the places she visited go to www.oprah.com.  There is a wealth of information and pictures of the various sites she visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment