Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oprah Behind The Scenes

Oprah gave viewers a behind the scenes look at what it takes to put her show together.  It is one of her new shows airing on the OWN network.  Let's just say it takes a village or as he liked to call them "her tribe".  I had a discussion with a good friend about the show.  She said she'd love to be a producer and to be behind the scenes executing the plan.  I thought about how I am more of an idea person, but when it comes to making ideas a reality it could take me years.  A good example of that is this blog.  I constantly have many different ideas floating around in my head and can get easily overwhelmed.  As a result, I sometimes don't get anything done because I don't know where to start.  Or on the flip side, I work on several things at once and then half way complete projects.

Working for Oprah doesn't look like a piece of cake, but her employees expressed the fact that they feel they're making a difference.  They stated they make sacrifices in their personal life, but they are passionate about their work.  They have been a part of something big and life changing for many people over the past 25 years.  The intensity and stress level of their job is high.  When you work for a cause or someone you believe in though it can make it all worthwhile.  I'm sure the job perks are pretty nice as well.  I believe the last 25 years are just a prelude of what's to come and Oprah's going to need a bigger tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment