Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lady Ga Ga

There are many things you can learn from watching Oprah from how the Internet works to how to get a good night sleep. I won't even attempt to cover all of the topics she has covered over the years. I'll cover the topics that made an impression on me and improved my quality of life. Since this is something I've been writing about for almost two years the topics won't always be based on current shows, but feel free to post your own comments on shows. I love to know what other people think because we all have a different perspective on things.

That leads me to a recent guest Oprah had on her show, Lady Ga Ga. My son watched the show with me and made the comment that he was surprised she was someone Oprah would have on her show. I think he said something like, she doesn't seem like the Oprah type. I sort of agreed with him. She is about as different as they come, but when I saw her interview on Oprah I was impressed by what a spiritual person she is. She says a prayer before every concert and mentions her aunt that passed away at a young age. She also talked about being a foodie and how she likes to cook. Because she is a very provocative and eccentric person most people disregard the fact that she is just a young woman with a close family who gets dressed every morning just like we do albeit her outfits consist of dead muppets, latex, feathers and a disco bra. Even though my brain and dress code may not be the same as hers, there are many people in this world who connect with her. I'm glad that she can be an inspiration to them and to the rest of us to dare to be ourselves even though it may not fit into the group majority.

No comments:

Post a Comment